Friday, 24 March 2017
Thursday, 9 March 2017
Get your thinking caps on!
Cherwell School’s QUIZ NIGHT is here again, on Friday 17 March, in the North Site hall from 7.30 – 9.30 pm.
It’s a fantastic night out, and we have been lucky to secure our popular and fabulous quizmasters - Ed and Ollie Pentz – for another year.
The organisers can help you join a team on the night or you can start putting your team together now! Teams can be families, or teachers, or students, or a mix. Yhere is a maximum of eight(ish) per team. Questions will be designed for different age groups.
Wine, beer, soft drinks and our tasty dip and vegetable snack platters will be for sale on the night.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to secure your tickets now.
Number of tickets Adult/Child:
Number of Platters required:
Tickets are £4 per adult and £2 for students and under-18s, Platters are £7 – we’ll send you an email to confirm your booking, and you can pay us at the door on the night.
Monday 20th March, 6.30pm, Main Hall, North Site
Mandy works as a psychotherapist and is a forthright and a dynamic public speaker, passionate about helping people to live healthy addiction-free lives, coping with emotions and improving children’s self-esteem. Any parent attending this talk will hopefully leave feeling empowered to support their child with a range of difficulties.
To learn more about Mandy Saligari’s work please visit her website – www.mandysaligari.com or watch her help celebrities from her Harley Street practice on Channel Five - http://www.channel5.com/show/ celebrities-in-therapyTea and Coffee will be available for purchase.
‘Pornography has changed the landscape of adolescence beyond all recognition. (Daily Telegraph, 22 April 2015). CEOP (Child Exploitation and Online Protection) tells us that nowadays most teenagers (and many younger children) have watched pornography, seen it without wanting to, or been affected by it indirectly. The Naked Truth is an organisation which gives parental guidance on phones, filters and digital dangers. Following the popular parenting course ‘Parentalk’ that is taking place at Cherwell this term, there will be an evening workshop on Tuesday March 28th to help parents and carers tackle and talk about the issue of pornography and internet safety presented by the Naked Truth Project. The workshop is open to all parents and carers from Cherwell school and Wolvercote and Cutteslowe Primary Schools . As well as equipping us to support children who are exposed to pornography they will also teach us practical ways to keep our youngsters safe online generally. This is not an event that is appropriate for children to attend.
- Date: Tuesday 28th March, 7.30 – 9.30pm
- Venue: The Cherwell School North Site
- Cost: £3 (Cheques made payable to River Learning Trust please)
- Booking: Please complete the reply slip attached and return with payment to the red box (Reception South Site, Finance Office North Site)
The Workshop will include:
- Access to the PG parents’ pack - a comprehensive digital resource available exclusively to those that attend the workshop
- Practical tips for different ages and stages. Both the workshop and PG parents’ pack has content for young children (8-12) and teenagers (13-18)
- Advice for protecting younger children from accidental exposure, installing filters, safe searches etc. The pack includes step by step videos for setting up these features
- Information regarding mobile technology, apps and helpful way to restrict or monitor internet use
- Advice for engaging with older children and teenagers and having healthy conversations regarding their online world
If you have any further enquiries please contact the Parentalk team via email.
A reminder of CTAG meeting will take place on Monday 11th of March 2019 at 5:30 pm in the Cherwell North Site training room. Also a g...
On 4 October over 60 parents and carers met informally with Chris Price (Headteacher) and other school leaders in the Training Room on North...
On an evening in May, around 50 parents & carers met to ask questions of the school's Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team. Th...